Mother’s Day is celebrated in India and other countries to express gratitude to mothers for the hardships they bear in bringing up a child. Mother’s Day is celebrated in India on the second Sunday of May, every year. People across the world celebrate Mother’s Day with joy and devotion and take the opportunity to thank their moms for all their love and support. It is common for people to wish “Happy Mothers Day” to their moms, buy mothers day gifts, mothers day cards or just spend quality time with the mother. Although Mother’s day is a great excuse for one to express their love and affection towards their mother, it should not be an excuse to not do so for the remaining 364 days of the year!
Mother’s Day Quotes
Here are some quotes on mothers that you may like
- My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
- A mother understands what a child does not say!
- God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers!
- A child gives birth to a mother.
- The best example of multitasking is a MOTHER!
- Being a mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.
- To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language
- A mother’s love is the best gift of all.
- A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
When is Mother’s Day Celebrated?
Mother’s Day is celebrated in India on the second Sunday of May, every year.
- Mother’s Day in India 2012 – Sunday, 13 May 2012
- Mother’s Day in India 2013 – Sunday, 12 May 2013
- Mother’s Day in India 2014 – Sunday, 11 May 2014
- Mother’s Day in India 2015 – Sunday, 10 May 2015